MMA is proud to be the only Muslim Organisation in New Zealand that offer free Janaza service. The free service is available to all community members who reside in the greater Manawatu region. MMA has formed a Janaza sub-committee that will handle all aspects of the fundamentals of Janaza requirements. A simple phone call to the Janaza sub-committee will put you at ease at the difficult time of bereavement.
Further information can be obtained from Br Imtiaz on 021 786 779.
The Free shuttle service is available to members of the community who requires transportation to and from the Masjid. Potential target areas for this service may be students requiring transportation for Jumma Prayers , elderly requiring transportation to masjid, and Madrasa children requiring transport to attend classes.
For booking and availability contact Br Muhammad Shah on 0225047670
The Islamic Center’s Food Pantry is a volunteer-run service program that has been regularly serving the community since 2004.
Everyday, people donate grocery items in Food Box Pantry which is distributed to the local needy families.
We are welcome adults, children and different community groups wishing to contact and service.
Kindly contact Br. Nishar (0277560202) for further details.
There are many community outreach, interfaith and volunteer opportunities at the Islamic Center. Please let us know how you’d like to serve the community by emailing [email protected]
Throughout the year there are numerous activities going on at the masjid. These include and are not limited to:
- Annual Eid event. This is a major event organised by MMA in conjunction with Manawatu multicultural council. This event is open to the wider community for both Muslims and non-Muslims. Well known Personalities eg Mayor and local member of parliament are invited to this event. Food and refreshments are provided.
- Every Friday & Saturday Mens Quran Halka . This takes place after Isha during winter and between Magrib and Isha in summer.
Contact : Dr Ibrahim for more information. Phone: 0226473148
- Daily Talim after Magrib/Isha depends on the time of year
- Daily Iftar is organised at the masjid during the Month of Ramadan. This is usually sponsored by different communities.
- Kids Quran competition is held during the month of Ramadan. Prizes are presented at the conclusion of Ramadan.
- MMA Arabic & Quran classes for Muslim Community. This happens once a week on Sunday after Asr Salaat.
Contact Br Hazim for further information. Phone: 021961968.